June 3, 2009

You Are My People

|

Hey, the gig scene is looking up!

I'm playing at the Black Sheep this Sunday, the Cameron House in Toronto next month, and I *think* at Irene's in August. Not bad for a so-called quiet summer. And who knows... I might even have some new songs by then!

My BH and I were walking Morty the other day when we heard a squeal, and looked up to see a woman running across the street in our direction. She made a beeline for Morty, got down on her knees in front of him and said, "ARE YOU A PRETTY BULLIE? WHO'S MY BABY!"

Then she made snorty sounds at him and squished his little face. He wiggled happily and snorted like a piglet. THAT'S how to greet a bullie, folks. Instant doggie smile.

After I got over the initial surprise, I realized that this woman did exactly what I always think of doing when I see another bulldog. She's just not as shy as I am. Or maybe she's missing the worry bone that makes me think twice before crawling on my hands and knees on Somerset.

I salute you, crazy bulldog lady. You are my people.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I just might come be part of your cheering section in Toronto! :)

EK said...

This Sunday? Neat! I will try to haul my ass out there for some good tunes and legal beer.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the gigs - and four the BullDog chuckle :-)