June 16, 2009

Nine Sexy Years

|

Here's something crazy amazing: tomorrow is my nine-year anniversary with my Better Half. Isn't that wild?

I still remember how I felt when I first laid eyes on him at the music store where I worked. Okay fine: first I looked at his ass (it is quite an ass), and then I checked out his cute mug. So gorgeous! My heart rate went bonkers and I realized I was staring. Turns out he was my co-worker's best friend, which was good, because otherwise I would have had to figure out how to get a perfect stranger to come back to the store. Let's be honest... It would have involved stalking.

I didn't have to try too hard, in the end. He came back exactly a week later and asked me out. He's been the love of my life ever since. Hear that, BH? I wanna make out with you! Right now! Immediately!

Anyways, the date has snuck up on us a bit, and we don't have anything planned. At first I didn't think that was a big deal - it's just a date, right? But now I feel sad that we didn't put something special together. Anniversaries can be a great excuse to get away and celebrate. Next year will be a whole dang decade of love, so maybe we'll plan something awesome to make up for this year.

Or maybe we can have an impromptu cupcake making session tomorrow. It would be a shame to do nothing at all. Damn you, bad planning!*

I'd like to share some things I adore about my BH, so you can see why I gush:

- He bakes elaborate cakes and pies on a whim and doesn't think that's unusual.

- He's built like a Greek god (oh, stop being shy! it's true!)

- He once biked to PEI and doesn't think that's unusual.

- In one short year, he's going to be a nurse. Plus he's already a trained firefighter. SO HOT.

- He likes to play practical jokes on people and then giggles to himself for days when he thinks about them....

- He is the kindest, most honourable person I know.

- He has awesome taste in music and is very supportive of my CD addiction.

- When he and Morty snuggle, and Morty sighs contentedly, my heart explodes with the cuteness.

- He speaks a million languages and can navigate a busy street in Mumbai.

- He knows a lot about mangoes and eats them with great enthusiasm.

- He's gorgeous... Did I mention that already?

- He still makes me laugh daily, often the doubled-over, rolling-on-the-ground kind, where I guffaw at the end. I like that a lot.


*Hey BH! Despite the lack of plans, I want you to know that you are still the hottest little tamale I've ever met. Thanks for being so totally awesome. As a special gift, I have adopted another bulldog! Heh, just kidding, don't have a heart attack. I need to remember that one for next year though....

12 comments:

zoom said...

Awww....that's so sweet. Happy Anniversary and congratulations to both of you. I wish you many, many more. (Years. Not bulldogs.)

Stella said...

S'okay... You can wish us more bulldogs if you want... ;)

Aggie said...

Congratulations, Stella. Loved your hommage to your BH...

EK said...

Congratulations! I remember the first time I met you, your BH also made a fab impression. He walked in and I mentioned that I loved the CD we were listening to and he burned it for me, just like that. So welcoming. Thumbs up.

Those muffins you made also made an impression on me. Those were good muffins...

Nat said...

So sweet! Made me gag a little :)

Hope you find some small way to celebrate.

Stella said...

Aggie: Thanks! It's not an anniversary without a homage. Okay, maybe it is.

LC: I'm glad those muffins made such an impression on you!

Nat: I.... I am not going to make that joke about gagging. But I'm thinking about it. Just so you know.

Lynn said...

He sounds like a keeper. Have a great anniversary -- even if it doesn't come with a Big Plan, I'm sure it'll be sweet as long as you're together.

xup said...

"Mango" is a euphamism, right?

Stella said...

OBVIOUSLY.

Hannah said...

"In one short year, he's going to be a nurse. Plus he's already a trained firefighter. SO HOT."

That IS sexy! Nothing like a smart man who can also escape through a burning building if necessary!

Congratulations! :)

aandjblog said...

nine years! wow! That's so amazing. Happy anniversary!

Jackson said...

so cute.