June 15, 2009

A State of Cute

|

Gah, Westfest was so fun! Other than my sloppy application of sunscreen (resulting in two triangular-shaped burns on my feet), the weekend went off without a hitch.

We scored some backstage passes and got to enjoy The Acorn's rainy set from the comfort of the VIP tent. We were originally a little shy to use our passes, since I'm not playing the fest this year and felt like an impostor, but MAN I'm glad we changed our minds. Open bar, homemade candies, catching up with some musical friends and giant hugs from the festival organizer. So much better than roughing it in the rain.

I've got a pretty intense rehearsal schedule for the next two weeks, and then it's the big show. While I feel pretty good about the songs, I have no idea what to wear. This is not the sort of gig where I can show up in jeans and a t-shirt covered in puppy fur. Right now, I'm thinking hot pink a-line skirt and high pink leather boots. Maybe a shirt, too. Or maybe not!

I've been so caught up in the gig preparation that I haven't really gotten my brain together for the wedding that's happening this weekend. At least my BH's suit is dry cleaned and ready to party. I'll have to sort through my closet and pick out something fun for myself.

S'okay though... Unlike at the gig, I can drink myself into a state of Cute this weekend. So helpful.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

I always knew you were the founder of the State of Cute.

Nat said...

I think I saw you at work this morning. (You at Chaudiere?)

You seem to rock the Cute -- I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Hannah said...

Woo! Glad you had fun at Westfest (I missed it! Boo!)
BUT you will be happy to know that I did meet a friend's puppy who is half bulldog and half boxer! His name is Irving and he is beyond adorable!:)