June 22, 2009

Quasi Vacation

|

I have the next three days off in what was supposed to be my summer vacation. After I found out about The Gig, I filled each day with rehearsals, so I guess I'll just be doing a different kind of work. No complaints here.

My laptop is in the shop, so I can't upload any pictures. That's a damn shame. I've got pictures of Shawna's biceps, me in a green dress, a drunken closeup of my eye, Morty, Morty, Morty, and a great shot of Milan schooling someone on the law as it relates to photographers.*

Also, in most excellent news, I have finished a song! I do hope this is a sign of things to come. I'd like to catch up a bit this summer, since it's been such a dry year for writing.

Tonight we are breaking out our teeny grill and cooking up some spicy trout. Then we're off to the NAC to watch Thomson Highway's Cree Cabaret. Maybe this will be a vacation after all.


*Have you ever witnessed someone trying to argue with Milan? It's like watching a train wreck, and Milan always walks away unscathed. Then he shrugs and says something like, "They really ought to know their facts a bit better." It's the best.

2 comments:

xup said...

I love watching Milan argue with people, too -- as long as it's not me.

Shawna said...

Damn woman, your life is the best! (except the laptop, but who cares about those...they're only *mildly* lifelines...). I even want to witness one of these famous Milan arguments!