June 6, 2009

And Then It Hit

|

I don't get sick very often, so I was wholly unprepared for the shit storm that took over my body last night.

I had a cough during the day, but passed it off as an allergy. After last summer's mystery cough, I figured I could handle a day of ticklish throat. My BH and I went to the World Exchange Plaza that night to see Angels and Demons (there is far too much burning flesh in that film) and then it hit.

Opening credits, first few scenes, and uncontrolable nausea. I ran out of the theatre several times fully expecting to hurl. By the end of the movie, I was shaking and had the chills. We walked home, I think. I was dizzy by then.

I spent all of today in bed, minus the time I took to run a bath and make myself some soup. This sure feels like flu: cold sweat, fever, sensitive skin. Did I mention fever?

I'm hoping that if I get a good 12 hours of sleep, I'll be able to sing for half an hour at the Black Sheep tomorrow. I really hate backing out of gigs.

I... Need to get back in bed now.

3 comments:

EK said...

Get well soon! Bed and soup are the best idea.

xup said...

Why is the BH not making you soup??????????? He should be waiting on you hand and foot, especially seeing as how he's being trained to be a hand and foot sick person attending dude. I will assume he was urgently called elsewhere because he generally seems so sweet. I hope it's a 24 hour thing and you're better asap

Tiana said...

sounds like rubella to me