June 4, 2009

Oh My Effing God

|

Dear sweet readers...

I just opened my music e-mail account to find the most exciting news. The kind of news that makes me happy I went to the trouble of going broke to make this album. The kind of news that makes it okay to spend every waking second for a whole year listening to the same ten songs until my ears started to bleed. That kind of exciting, you know?

I've responded to the e-mail, just to make sure I'm not imagining things, and when I get a response I'll spill the beans. I just can't imagine gushing about it here and then discovering that I was hallucinating.

Shit, music can be exciting.

In other, less exciting news...

At 3 AM this morning, Morty decided he would rather wrap his furry body around my head than continue sleeping down near my feet. Have you ever tried sleeping with bulldog torso in your mouth? It's hard to do - obstructs the breathing.

I'm really sleepy.

___________________________________________

EDIT:

I got the response. Here's my news.

On June 29th and 30th, I'll be playing at the Museum of Civilization. For the Vinyl Cafe. With Stuart McLean. It will be recorded and then played across the country. Tickets here, and yup, it will sell out.

And the other musical guest?

HAWKSLEY WORKMAN. One of my biggest musical crushes. I am such a fan of this guy, I hesitate to blather on about it, because you'll think I'm nuts. Let me leave it at this: I really, really like what he does. The first time I saw him play, strutting around on stage in a red suit and a giant afro, I nearly lost my shit. I had to pick my jaw up off the ground.

Then he proceeded to strip whilst blindfolded (it was part of the show, not something I made up, promise).

Now I'm going to have to speak to him. WORDS. I will have to form WORDS that do not sound anything like "please adopt me."

Holy fuck.

Dudes, how the hell am I going to do this?

17 comments:

Jessica said...

Holy ... Holy ... Holy Shit! That's fantastic news. It was amazing news, until I kept reading to the Hawksley part, now it's fantastic news! I saw Hawksley last month (and a million other times). By far one of the sexiest men in music!

CONGRATS!

Jennifer said...

AMAZING! I'm getting tickets.

Jennifer said...

It seems FYI that Monday night is already sold out. I got two tickets in row L for Tuesday.

Go Stella!

Milan said...

I got a ticket for Tuesday.

Milan said...

Also, there do seem to still be about 40 tickets for Monday.

Bob said...

Mega congratulations. Although I've kinda OD'd on MacLean's folksiness, there's no denying the support of his show for roots artists, and you are more than deserving. WAY TO GO!

gc said...

Zoom and I will be there Tuesday. Can't wait!

gc said...

Hey we're in row L also Jo!

Meanie said...

Atavan!

Kidding. So great. Love Hawksley, am sure I will love you too :)

Tiana said...

Yay go you!

Jennifer said...

Yay for Row L!!!

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness! That is so amazing! Good luck and have a great show!

Lynn said...

Forgot to ask...will the show air live that evening? Or will it be replayed later?

Stella said...

Thanks everyone... And thanks for already getting tickets! You guys are dedicated! The audience will be made up of the Ottawa blogging creme-de-la-creme.

As for the broadcasting question, the shows are being taped and then tweaked and then played at a later date. So you get to hear it before everyone else does. :)

Nat said...

That's amazing amazing news... I'd be so freaked out as well...

MAdele said...

:O

:D

*so happy and proud of you*

I wish I could be there to see it... But I'll be home only in August!

Milan said...

I now have my ticket in hand.