June 28, 2009

The Size of a Walrus

|

Wow, waking up this morning felt like Christmas.

I poked my BH and said, "Hey! Wake up! The first show is tomorrow!" He responded with a "bleuuuh..." but I know he meant "That's cool, babe."

Rehearsal today was great, and I feel really good about how we'll perform when the mics are running. Everything is in three-part harmony and the boys have their bass/guitar parts hammered out. I even have my outfits picked, which (let's be honest) is half the battle.*

Now it's just the waiting. I need to get through this evening and tomorrow morning without becoming a blubbering mess. When I'm actually setting up and singing, I'll have no choice but to calm down and do my job. It's the part before that I'm worried about.

I think I'll distract myself by cooking. I've already made a nice Macedonian salad, chocolate cookies and a strawberry rhubarb grunt (much yummier than it sounds), so maybe it's time to break out some garlic roasted potatoes and marinated trout.

And maybe I'll bake a cake too.

AND MAYBE BY TOMORROW I'LL BE THE SIZE OF A WALRUS.

But anyway. That's probably just the nerves talking.


*Tight hot pink skirt the first night, crazy green dress the second night. I'll be bringing the SEXY. Or at least that's the plan.

5 comments:

xup said...

What???? BH was SLEEPING?

Anonymous said...

Dude. I'm so pumped for you.

aandjblog said...

Good luck today! I'll be thinking of you.

Bob said...

The size of a HAWT walrus.

Best of luck tonight. Know you'll blow the crowd away.

Nat said...

Must be some cake if it makes you bloat like that... :)

You'll rock it girl. Good luck with the Hawk tomorrow.