August 31, 2009

Dangerous Veggie Taco

|

Monday sure came quickly. Holy smokes.

Certain Sort was some pretty excellent fun. I kept my goal of not getting overly wasted, and my weekend was better for it... No hangover the next morning, but enough goofy pictures on my camera to make me shake my head (Heather, I'm looking at you). Really, it was the best of both worlds. And a very happy Pride.

Saturday I slept. Really, I didn't know it was possible to nap that much in one day. What else are you going to do when it's cold and rainy out? I went to the Manx Saturday night after the weather cleared, and swiftly burned myself on a veggie taco. They could probably call it the DANGEROUS VEGGIE TACO just so clumsy eaters like me know to take precautions. My brain was sort of puttering along at that point, so I guess I was asking for it. Hot food + tired brain = burny hurty.*

Sunday was an odd mix of happenings - funeral unveilings, pride goodness, pictures in the park, and dinner with my folks. My favourite part of Sunday was watching my BH and Milan chasing each other around to see if the GPS on their phones would catch up to them. Boys and their toys. Hilarious.

This week promises to be great - it finishes with a pretty cool event... Milan's photo exhibition at Raw Sugar! You guys know Milan. You know his excellent photos. Come on out to this event and we'll all ooh and aah at his photographic prowress. Word on the street is that he's gotten Ottawa's prolific Astronaut Love Triangle to play some songs. At least, I think they're prolific. I should really know this. I am a huge fan, after all.

Some songwriter will also play a few tunes on the banjo. Or so I hear.

But dudes. ASTRONAUT LOVE TRIANGLE. Need I say more?

*Hey, when did they fix up the women's bathroom in there? I was so used to holding the door closed while I peed, I was a little surprised when I saw the functional lock. I guess it's been a while since I've checked out the washrooms, so it's probably been fixed for ages. Either way, it's a welcome upgrade! Thanks, Manx.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

No posting of said "goofy photos?" LOL. Which day is Milan's photographic exhibition? I just might stop by and take a gander.:)

Lynn said...

"burny hurty" made me snort out loud. So funny!

Milan said...

The exhibition opens Friday, September 4th and runs until the end of the month.

coffeewithjulie said...

Mmm ... I used to live near the Manx. Do they still do that huge, yummy veg/nut burger? Miss that!

Meanie said...

Pride parade was so fun this year. glad the sun came out.
Must try and get a sitter for Friday night!

Stella said...

Hannah: Posting those pictures would classify as a TMI post. Too many boobs, too little bandwidth.

Lynn: It's a good term for clumsy folk like me.

Milan: Thanks for the details! My brain wasn't working enough to remember the useful things... Like the time.

Julie: I think they switch things up fairly often, but I have a vague memory of such a burger. Mmmm.

Meanie: It would be fun to see you this Friday!