September 2, 2009

Here It Comes


Yesterday I wrote to the folks at the Vinyl Cafe to confirm when my concert would be aired. All I knew was that it was happening in October.

Know what? It's a damn good thing I wrote when I did. The broadcast is in a week and a half, not in a month. I actually might have missed it if I hadn't written to check.

My first reaction was excitement, because YAY, it's actually going to happen!

Then I got a bit nervous, because damn, do I want the entire country listening in on my most nerve-wracking show?

So I made a Facebook event, updated my music web site, and got the wheels turning on all those things songwriters fret about. Now I'm just going to let things happen. The concert is already recorded, so I don't have to worry about messing up the performance. I just need to listen.

With that in mind, why am I still so damn nervous?

7 comments:

Milan said...

It's going to be great!

skylark said...

This is just the take-home souvenir of what was already a great evening. Don't worry... be happy, and soak it all in!

Tiana said...

What are your plans for listening? That's what I would be worried about, setting the stage to accept it into my ears and enjoy it fully.

Stella said...

That's a great question Tiana... At first I thought I would have people over, but that would probably add to the stress and I would end up crawling out my own window to avoid everyone.

So now I'm thinking it will be just me, my BH, Morty and a pot of tea.

Oooh, and scones.

Tiana said...

I'll have scones too!

*ahem*

...in solidarity...

Stella said...

Oh good! We'll be scone sisters.

Anonymous said...

It's going to be MAH-vellous darling..simply MAH-vellous. Your nervousness is just the excitement of this being a big leap on that escalator of success.