August 14, 2009

Like Elvis

|

Finally, Friday is here.

I've got to admit... The last three weeks have not been my favourite of the summer. But as of Monday, my boss will be back, I'll be gigging, and there will be some fun events to attend. I'm pretty relieved about it all. Maybe I'll even be able to catch up on some sleep.

Last night, Jo and Megan did a reading at Raw Sugar. I was afraid I would miss it because I was getting my hair cut right after work. Luckily for me, I arrived just in time - crazy hair and all.* Have you guys seen these two read before? It's really something else.

Jo's reading was funny and familiar, and I keep running over the details of her story in my mind. I love that I can picture everything she says right down to the t-shirt descriptions.

Megan's reading was also familiar (cough cough... okay, not quite... I have yet to have sex in an airplane washroom) and crazy hot. You can buy her new zine at Venus Envy, and all proceeds go to the Venus Envy Bursary Fund. I could talk at length about this fund, but I think I'll save that post for a little later next week.

This weekend I'm attending a baby shower. It's only my third baby shower ever, I think... But I suspect I'll be attending more and more over the next couple of years. Admittedly, I've never really had a wicked time at a shower. It's one of those strange parties that can get awkward really fast. Dudes who don't know what to do. Single ladies who don't know what to do. Moms who are SO EXCITED about everything. Diaper trees.

Hopefully tomorrow's shower will be fun. I think I'll go see Julie and Julia afterwards, so no matter how the party goes, I'll have a great evening.


*Note to self: do not ask stylist to "just do something funky" when she is finishing up with your hair. You may walk out looking like the spawn of a sea creature who mated with Elvis. At least I got a great conversation about Bumpits out of the whole thing... And a fabulous new skunk stripe, obvs.

3 comments:

aandjblog said...

Ooo funky hair cut. Are you going to post a picture?

Julie and Julia looks so cute. I really want to try and go see it too.

Nat said...

I hate showers. Hate them. With a passion. (Long discussions about diaper creams. gah!)

Reading sounds like fun.

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for your compliments! I'm sorry we didn't get to actually talk much. I was bound to my seat by nerves and my prime position over the air conditioning vent!

Do send along any photos you got that turned out. I forgot my camera, of course.

J.