March 26, 2009

Talk Amongst Yourselves

|

My hot knitting teacher wrote a book with her very famous knitting author mom.* They are having their book launch tonight. My BH and I are going and I am nerdily excited about it. I never know what to wear around my knitting teacher. She always looks like a million dollars. It's kind of intimidating. I usually look like I rolled out of bed into a puddle of mud.

Perhaps I shall wear lipstick to fool the masses.

My BH had a fancy presentation to make today, so this morning he got dressed up in a suit with a pink dress shirt and tie. I think I've mentioned how I feel about men in pink shirts. Naturally, he had to pry me off him when I woke up and had a look at his fine self.

This weekend, I'm hoping to do more spring cleaning. With my BH's help, we're going to do a bit of a drastic rearranging of the apartment. This is partly because we just feel like a change, but also because we have just inherited a giant workout bench and weight set. I'm not sure any amount of rearranging will make a workout bench look good, so it may have to live in the basement with the ghouls.

A few of you know that I studied journalism and worked in radio for a while. Several years ago, I turned down an offer to help produce a show for CBC in Toronto. It was the kind of job I'd always dreamed about, but I had just taken my current job and was tied to Ottawa in a million other ways. I said no, and have occasionally regretted it. But considering the state of the media these days, not to mention the 800 positions being cut from CBC, I wonder what sort of divine intervention led me to stay in what is arguably a fairly tame office job. I'm also quite worried for my friends who are probably losing their jobs right now.

I could go on about this issue ad nauseam, but you didn't sign up to read a novel.

I've agreed to go on an outing with my mother-in-law tomorrow. She's lovely and it's fun to spend time with her, but our tastes, uh, differ. Which is why I'm a bit embarrassed to tell you where we're going.

Nevermind. I'm not telling.

Talk amongst yourselves.

*This may seem like a silly thing to say, but she has sold more knitting books than I would have ever thought possible. I think her first book is still considered the highest-selling craft book EVER.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

well you have to tell us where you're going with your mom! lol