March 6, 2009

Busy Bee

|

Tonight I'll be celebrating one of my favourite stores at their anniversary party. Tomorrow morning I'll be meeting a bunch of you local folks at the Bloggers' brunch. Tomorrow night I'll be helping out my BH's school department by drinking too much at their annual pub. Sunday is dim sum with my Bubbi.

You may also be happy to know that Zoom has finally agreed to take the tofu challenge on Friday the 13th. XUP, Robin, the GC and my BH will be present to make sure everything goes according to plan (well, my plan anyway, which is the part where I win the bet*). Stay tuned!

That itinerary? It's busier than I've been all winter. S'okay though. After hibernating for the past few months, I'm happy to be out and about. And while I'm sure we're still due for a cold nap or three, I'm enjoying the spring weather while it's here.

Music is kicking once more! I've just booked a gig in April (Almonte), and another one in June (Black Sheep).

I still haven't figured out how to make Morty not run in fear when I take out my instruments though; he's still scared shitless of the banjo and guitar. Short of slathering both instruments in chopped liver (freeze dried hasn't done the trick yet) I'm at a loss about what to do.

See (some of) you tomorrow!

*What is the bet, you ask? A restaurant near me serves up one of the best tofu dishes I've ever tried (and I've tried a lot). This is the kind of dish that tofu-haters love, much to their dismay. Since Zoom identifies as a tofu-hater, I bet her that she would not hate this dish. No matter who wins, you guys benefit - we have to post a video of either ourselves or our pets doing something embarrassing or acrobatic. Hmmm... Come to think of it, Morty cleaning his (non)nuts would satisfy both those criteria.... Too bad I'm going to win.

3 comments:

Nat said...

See you tomorrow...
You'll have to let me know which tofu dish. (I also have a fabulous one... wonder if it's the same.) I'll have to pick your brain for tofu recipe.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally psyched for The Great Tofu Challenge (hosted by Ben Mulroney) and for the breakfast today. How does Morty feel about the vacuum cleaner?

Anonymous said...

Hi,
It was great to meet you at the brunch.:) Congrats on getting another gig! :)