March 20, 2009

Disclaimer: I talk about poo

|


It has not been the best 24 hours.


I found out that my awesome manager is leaving. He's the reason I've been turning down other jobs. So now I have some thinking to do.


Even worse: Morty's ass exploded (on our bed) at 3:15 am this morning. I heard *SPLAT* and looked south to see a horrified puppy and a destroyed duvet. None of us saw that one coming... Not even the dog.


I said, "Oh no! Diarrhea!"


My BH said, "My life sucks."


I was up until 7am cleaning. Morty sat in the hallway looking depressed. My BH passed out on the couch. At least now I know that my washing machine can fit a duvet if you stuff it in reeeeally carefully.


I have hope that things will stop sucking eventually. I also have hope that the smell of Morty's ass will eventually leave my bedroom. Until these things happen, I'll be doing laundry and trying to catch up on sleep.

5 comments:

skylark said...

What DOES that dog eat to give him such poops? He needs oatmeal.

Anonymous said...

Ya, I can see how the BH's life sucks when he's flaked out on the couch while you have to clean poo at 7:00 am. Poor BH.

Also, I was just saying to someone at work today that it's never worth staying in a job because of the people. They certainly make it better (or worse), but if a good opportunity arises, you have to suck it up and say good-bye no matter how great your manager or workmates are.

Woodsy said...

Try burning a beeswax candle in your room. But, don't leave it unattended. You don't need another disaster.

Anonymous said...

yikes. i'm with skylark. what the hell does that dog eat. i'm new to your blog but it seems that many of the posts i've read talk about him having a blow out red alert. what is up with that. but the funny thing is that when i read those posts (this one where you are cleaning crap and bh on couch), i laugh my arse off. sorry arse is a bad word right now. i laugh a lot okay. sorry about all the cleaning and laudry you've been doing. what i do with my molly when she gets the shits is feed her cooked hamburger beef (jesus, of course it's cooked, ah) mixed with cooked, yes cooked white rice. simple. they love it and it works!

Stella said...

Skylark: He is a special boy, and yes, I think he needs oatmeal.

XUP: I've got to say that I am all about my work environment over the job itself. I can't stand working in a bad team or with a bad manager - I last a few months and then I start to hate my life. That's why I was really happy to find a good fit at my job.

Woodsy: Good suggestion! I also cleaned every surface with vinegar, which freshened everything up.

Raino: We are doing the rice/meat thing now, and I think Morty likes it more than his normal food!