March 24, 2009

One Year Left

I have bumped into several bloggers in my neighbourhood recently, and the consensus over Morty's ass explosion seems to be "sucks for you, but damn it was funny to read."

I can live with that. I will write about my pain if it amuses you. But luckily for me, the pills seem to be working and Morty is no longer leaking every time he sits down.

What? I'm just sayin'...

Remember yesterday when I alluded to both Morty and my BH being sleep-talkers? Sure enough, when I went to tell my BH that I was heading to bed, he sleepily shouted "PANCAKES!" and resumed snoring into the couch cushion. He has no recollection of this, but does remember Morty growling at something in his dreams.

I went to bed at 8pm last night. That means I got 11 hours of sleep. That means I feel like a fairy princess today. I wonder what life would be like if I was always this cheerful?

My BH got even more sleep than me, probably for the first time in about a year. This morning he was singing songs and cracking jokes, and I realized how drastically low sleep affects his moods. It was like I had a brand new partner standing next to me, but with the same hot bod as the one before! So excited for his degree to be done. So excited.

Only one year left.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting... because a disproportionate percentage of your blog posts contain the words "while the BH was asleep on the couch". I'm glad you both got some good sleep finally.

Nat said...

I love XUP's comment. I'm not sure what you wrote about before the beast's butt exploded on a regular basis, but(t) you seem to be milking it...

Sleep makes a huge difference. Glad every is feeling good.

Stella said...

Hmmm.... I guess my BH does spend a lot of time passed out on the couch... But that's probably because he's often up until 4am doing school stuff. It used to drive me nuts, but I've since stopped trying to rearrange his sleeping schedule - I just go to sleep when I'm tired and leave it at that.

One. More. Year!

Anonymous said...

LOL. Pancakes! My husband loves telling me about all the crazy things I do/say in my sleep.:)

One year of school left for my hubby too! I am also very excited!:)

Stella said...

Hannah, we should celebrate when they are both done! The ladies need some support too, y'know...

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! Sounds like a great idea.:)