Since telling you that all is well, my washing machine bit the dust whilst being full of clothes and gross water. I seem to be ankle deep in gross water these days.

So now I have a broken washing machine (which sits next to my broken dryer), I have several loads of dirty clothes, and I am unable to really inspect the problem because HEY! It's full of water.

Did I mention the part about the water being gross?

There's no sink in the basement, so how I'll get the water out is beyond me. It looks like I will be filling up my bucket repeatedly and trucking the mess upstairs. My BH is out for the evening, lucky duck.

I have no money, so god knows how I'll replace that washer.

On a more pleasant note, the gig in Almonte was wonderful. The old town hall is a really great venue, and the acoustics are lovely. I opened for Steve Dawson (formerly of Zubot and Dawson) and that dude could play. So could his charming bandmates. I was especially impressed with the drummer, who was so damn good I would have paid just to watch him practice.

After sound check, my BH and I took our little rental car for a spin around the town. In the ten minutes we were gone, a storm hit, and tore the scaffolding and siding off the town hall and onto the spot where we were parked moments earlier.

Am I ever glad we were too lazy to walk.

Anyways. I'm feeling a bit bummed about the washer and a bit stressed about money (I also just signed up for pet insurance, ouch ouch ouch), but fuck it. I'm going to go make myself a nice dinner and check out the writers festival. Because the weather? It is the thing dreams are made of.

Cheers, my puppies.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

The landlord isn't replacing the broken washer and dryer?

You narrowly missed a smooshed rental car and drenched yous in Almonte? That's fate. You ARE the lucky one.

Laura said...

WOW - lucky regarding possible storm damage! Washer and dryer crap - not so lucky, my friend!

Hannah said...

I agree with Shawna. Its your landlord's responsibility to change your appliances should they break down.

Happy Writer Festival-ing!:)

P.S. Are you going to the blogger's breakfast this Saturday?

. said...

despite the bs with the washer & dryer, you are a lucky gal!

And yeah, the landlord should be responsible for replacing the appliances if you don't own them... Still, it sucks to be without a washer & dryer for a while. I'm a renter, and I CANNOT WAIT for the day I have an in-house/apartment laundry set-up. Man oh man.