September 30, 2008

Spooky

My day started off badly when I discovered that my upstairs neighbour is not very nice. I would go into details but I am still pissed off and should probably calm down before I go blathering about it.

Moving on. Angrily.

It has been said that I am not great at keeping track of gift certificates. Sadly, this is true, even though they are my favourite sort of gift. Long story short, I went to HMV yesterday to spend a gift certificate that I'd had for three years. Although I don't buy music from HMV, I have been watching more and more movies since my free cable vanished. You can imagine my glee when I was able to buy Funny Face, Breakfast At Tiffany's, Bon Cop Bad Cop, Casablanca and The Golden Compass with a dusty old card I had forgotten about.

They didn't have Don't Mess With The Zohan (yes, I actually went and asked someone to check if it was in stock) but I will go back for it later. Then I will watch it over and over and over.

I'm still bored crapless with this election. But that financial crisis? There's something interesting. Pretty amazing stuff, if not a little bit freaky. Even George W. looked spooked. I'm always curious how these moments will be played out in history books... Possibly because I love history and I am a gigantic nerd. Also, who doesn't like to see George W. looking spooked about something?

Halloween is coming up, and that usually means I'm getting ready for the (sixth? seventh?) annual Dirty Pumpkin Carving Contest. This contest is serious business. We carve the dirtiest scenes imaginable into firm pumpkin flesh and then take turns being grossed out at how filthy we are. It's always boys against girls. Girls always win (except for that one year.... cough cough... ewwww).

Amazingly, I don't think we'll be doing it this year. Key people are out of town, and honestly? I can't think of anything dirty enough to do the trick. We've used up all the best ideas on past pumpkins. I never thought I would see the day.

Oh, here's something cool... I'm featured in Ottawa Magazine! Like, an entire page with a giant picture. I've got nothing to link to, but check it out if you get the chance. I'm the one holding the banjo.

0 comments: