September 22, 2008

Shana Tova

|

As I was shoveling pumpkin bread pudding into my mouth this morning (yup, autumn cooking has begun), I noticed the date. My CD release party was a year ago today! Nutty.

It's been a great year, music-wise. The album generated a bigger response than I could have imagined. Onwards and upwards! Perhaps someday I can pay down the studio-related debt. A girl can dream...

Now, maybe it's because I'm a quasi-Jew, but fall has always been the real New Year for me. January is no time to be turning the page - what, in a snowstorm? Start fresh with frozen feet and five hundred layers? FAIL. All I want to do in January is hit fast forward all the way until May.

September, on the other hand, is where it's at. Great food, charming weather, and that tingly back-to-school feeling. Everything about it spells New Year. So on that note, Happy New Year! Shana Tova! May it be full of pumpkin pudding and bulldogs (or whatever tickles your fancy).

The Black Sheep Inn show was yesterday, and it was crazy fun. The other acts knocked me out... Krista Muir is a powerhouse! She was playing the omnichord with convincing prowess, and her ukulele was gorgeous. Rae Spoon is dreamy and sweet and we chatted a bit about the difficulties in shifting from an acoustic setup to an electronic one. He is braver than me. I would probably manage to electrocute myself on stage whilst looping cuss words on my pedal.

I still haven't had a chance to upload those new Morty pics; it will be my sole mission tonight so you will have fresh puppy cuteness tomorrow.

1 comments:

EK said...

hurray! Puppy cuteness! I can't wait. I miss animals.