July 11, 2008

Mystery Smoke

|

Holy, Bluesfest is busy.

I mean, I knew that, but in previous years I would plant myself at the Black Sheep stage and not venture too far beyond it for the evening. Last night we stretched our horizons, and after Mighty Popo was done, we wandered over to the main stage for the Black Crows. They put on a great show, and the sound was excellent, but CHRIST there were a lot of people. I'm only 5'2, so you can just imagine how much I was getting stepped on/pushed/blocked all night. I also think I was a bit woozy from walking through clouds of mystery smoke. Eventually we headed home to the puppy and collapsed exhausted into bed. A good night, but I need to wash the drug smell out of my clothes before I accidentally wear them to work. I have a distinct 'festival' fragrance about me.

Are you guys missing Zoom? I am. I can't wait to hear some stories about her adventures in the woods. Come back Zoom!

Oy, this wedding tomorrow. I'm excited to see my family, but I am also drained and in need of a good long sleep. The drive is a bit daunting, too. I must remember to bring snacks so that I'm not stuck with salad-in-a-bag from a truck stop. God, I hate salad-in-a-bag.

The stress of moving is being pushed aside by work stress. I'm writing some tests next week, learning how to do a new job, and as soon as I get back from moving houses, I start a two-week placement working a much crazier position. This summer is going to eat me whole. I have no idea how I'm going to balance it all.

On a more cheerful note, I get to wear a dress at this wedding that looks like a green doily. And I'm happy about it. I'll see if I can get a picture that won't be blurry from the drink.

Off to The Tang! See you in a few days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Zoom. I like the retrospectives her Wordpress is spewing out and everything, but they lack immediacy and a certain zoomocity.

zoom said...

You guys missed me! That's so sweet!