January 18, 2009

The Downgrade

|

Today my BH and I were going to take a day trip to Montreal. We had a puppy-sitter all lined up, the car was ready, and we were looking forward to a day away with nothing to do but wander.

For a variety of reasons (not the sexy kind; think puppy pee and family drama) we were kept awake until about 3:30 am last night and were so wiped this morning that we couldn't go.

I guess we *could* have gone, technically, but who wants to be in Montreal with a headache and a grouchy disposition? Not me.

We decided to make the best of it and vowed to make waffles and go to Sexapolooza.

That was quickly downgraded to French toast and laundry, because I didn't want to whip egg whites and neither of us were looking presentable enough to leave the house.

I didn't really want to whole day to be a waste, so I flipped through some cookbooks and threw together a big chipotle chili with eggplant and spinach. Here I am, 5pm, eating chili and drinking beer, trying to stave off the headache that always follows a night of no sleep.

It's snowing out and the weather seems to be a bit milder than usual.

I don't feel angry about the bus strike anymore.

The house is empty except for me and my beer.

Everything is quiet.

I'm pretty happy with how the day turned out. It's no Montreal, but it's not a shit sandwich either (Zoom, that one was for you).

4 comments:

aandjblog said...

aww that's too bad that you guys couldn't go. Next time. I was in Montreal this weekend and saw that they had a Rock & Roll exhibit at a museum there. I hope it's not over... I'm going to look it up. If you see that it's still going let me know.

There is always next weekend and if you stay overnight, use priceline. :)

Anonymous said...

I love it when you talk dirty to me Stella.

Stella said...

J: Sounds cool!

Zoom: Don't I know it, baby.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you couldn't go to Montréal, but at least you're happy with your beer.;)As for the bus strike, my anger has been tempered by fatigue. I really do hope it ends soon so I can wake up at a decent hour again instead of in the middle of the night.:P