August 21, 2008

Butter Tart Therapy

|

I had a job interview today. Not one of those "charm-them-and-you're-in" dealies, but the government-type interviews that are all done on a point system and are infuriatingly tricky.

Who knows how I fared. It was all a blur, and I remember gesturing passionately about some policy statement or another. That's never a good sign. Or... Maybe it is?

Following the interview, I did what any rational person would do. I went down to the cafeteria, and bought a giant butter tart. Do I even like butter tarts? I'm not sure. But I knew I wanted one. It was without question the worst butter tart I've ever eaten. A waste of $1.25, and it left a terrible taste in my mouth. It was like chewing on a sugary foot.

None of this matters though. The interview is done, and now I can focus on more exciting things. Getting drunk at this weekend's wedding, for example. Or getting the butter tart taste out of my mouth. Even just cuddling with my puppy would be great.

We had a wee scare with Morty last night when we noticed that his tear duct was all swollen and red. Of course, we starting freaking (as calmly as two people can freak) and weighed our options. Is it URGENT or is it an EMERGENCY? WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR BABY?? CONSULT GOOGLE. DO IT NOW.

We put some Visine in his eye and massaged the area, as per instructions on the internets. Presto! He is fine today and we don't have to shell out money for an emergency vet visit. Whew. Thanks Google! You're the best.

Maybe you can fix my mystery cough...?

0 comments: