February 1, 2009

But he's my brown guy

|

I've got a point-form post about all the things I keep meaning to tell you. Then I have to go clean my house in preparation for a girls' night that will not include obsessing over the Superbowl.

  • Remember my confusion over the snuggie, aka the backwards housecoat? Heather got one! As a gift! And it wasn't a joke! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT IN ACTION. Pictures will hopefully follow our future snuggie session (Heather, can we have a snuggie session? Pretty please?).
  • The gig today was awesome, and I sold an unexpectedly high number of CDs. I also managed to stab myself in the hand with an errant banjo string while on stage and was therefore unable to react the way I wanted to (ie, screaming). It still hurts.
  • My BH and I met some friends at Pub Italia last night. While we were waiting for a table, my BH caught a glimpse of what the hostess had written beside my name, and burst into laughter. I leaned over to take a look at the description they had used for us: "Girl with green hat, and brown guy with brown hat." Brown guy? Seriously? I guess that's an accurate description, but still. We giggled about it all night.

9 comments:

Aggie said...

Can't wait to hear about the snuggie session...

Anonymous said...

brown guy, what the hell is that about? at least she's observant ...

aandjblog said...

wow I can't believe the waitress would write that down. It's funny, but I could see some people not seeing the humour in that at all.

Sounds like you had a really fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

Let us know if the snuggie works well. I'm always cold and would like something more substantial to put on my couches.:)

. said...

I've seen those ridiculous snuggie things on tv, but you're the first person I "know" who may have the opportunity to see one in action.
I'm excited for you! :)

Amanda Earl said...

you were marvelous yesterday; shocking about the banjo string pain though. stiff upper lip :)

Heather said...

snuggie session!! my dad will be so proud.

Stella said...

Aggie: It's gonna be hot.

Raino: Yeah, it was a little weird.

J: Good thing we could laugh about it!

Hannah: I will let you know of course... But chances are that I'll find it to be completely ridiculous and jump at the chance to bash it publicly.

Em: A snuggie in action - slow moving, at best.

Amanda: Thanks... I had a great time! And you had a purty dress!

Heather: He won't be proud if we do the session drunk...

MAdele said...

That's the best description ever! XD

When I go to Japanese shows with my friends, we're almost guaranteed to be the only foreigners in the room... I can just imagine the staff thinking: "Blondes! Boobs! [about my friends, not me!] What are those foreigners doing here again?!"