February 11, 2009

Me! On CBC!

Yay! Yay! Yay!

I just got an e-mail from a producer friend at CBC Radio... And word on the street is that my song I am a Sleeper will be played on Rich Tefry's show today at EDIT: I HAVE NO IDEA WHEN Ottawa time (Maybe 5:05pm?). Is that a national show? I think it might be.

THE EXCITEMENT.

It's been a while since my stuff was played on CBC. Last winter there was a crazy rush and I lost count of where it was played, but then, radio silence. Har. It's very nice to know the radio peeps are still listening. Maybe one day I'll even pay the album off! Imagine!

Hey, that reminds me... I promised a post about songwriting, didn't I? Sorry TS, it's coming.

I'm just so dang excited about this CBC thing that I can't think of anything else to write.

Done and done.

DISCLAIMER: There's always a chance the playlist will change, so my apologies if I'm getting all crazy about nothing. Hopefully that's not the case. :)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

It IS a national show! Hooray! And Rich Terfry is amazing. He's totally my radio boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

hey! very cool. maybe you can get it up on utube, no? maybe? congrats to you.

http://momofboxer.blogspot.com/2009/02/im-leaving.html

Anonymous said...

Yay! It's about time Mr. Buck 65 notices the awesome Canadian songwriters outside his often narrow playlist.

I like his taste in music (it's my taste in music too), but with 15 (!!!) hours of singer songwriter content to fill EACH WEEK, it would only seem necessary to do some serious awesome-digging, rather than playing the same artists over and over.

Glad they found you in the library! :)

Anonymous said...

It's very exciting, but I think you need a new agent if it's a year between CBC appearances. Everybody should be hearing ASK all the time!