March 18, 2010

Good Things

My taxes are done! Office job and music alike.

In the process of doing my music taxes, I went to check my total online sales so I could add the number to my chart. Do you know what I discovered? Let me tell you.

The company that manages my site sales had switched from sending me quarterly paycheques to letting the money pile up until I choose to have it deposited. I forgot about this in the madness of the past few months. Because I hadn't signed in for so long, there was money waiting for me! Thank goodness for tax season. And thank goodness for the kind souls who still buy my music.

What else? The Large Angry Dog(s) Situation is resolved, thanks to some very diplomatic chatting on the part of my BH. That man is an angel. And now I don't need to resort to having panic attacks every time I walk Morty at night.

But wait! There's more! I was interviewed by a local newspaper, discussing the role of internet publicity for independent musicians. It's something I've talked about before, but I guess since the industry has been turned on its head, it's as relevant as ever. I have no idea when or if it will be published, but it was fun to do the interview. I guess music isn't so hopeless after all.

In that same vein, I'm very seriously planning out my closet studio. It's going to be very small, and very soundproof. I can't wait.

I'm off to drink some port. Hugs to you, Internet.

1 comments:

Milan said...

Cheers to port and the closet studio!