December 19, 2009

Proof Positive

Today was one of those funny days. I didn't do much, but it feels like I did a lot. Does that make sense? Probably not.

My BH and I went to Raw Sugar for a mini date. He snapped this picture of the back of my head, which is handy, because now you can see the pink. I think it might actually fade to a light pink before my next appointment, which is cool with me - then it will match some of my wardrobe.



You know. Because I'm terribly concerned with wardrobe matching.

I snapped this picture, which does not include any pink hair. Those are my favourite pears on a table, next to a plate that once held some tasty banana cake.




Remember when I joined a church choir? Tomorrow is our big show. My BH might come after all, and if he does, I'll try to get him to take a picture of my choir robes. I look like a fat angel in them. Not because I'm fat (or an angel), but because the robes are terribly unflattering and white.


The first time I put them on, I flapped my arms around until someone gave me a quizzical look.


Speaking of flapping my arms around, I'm noticing something about myself these days. I care less and less what people think of me. All the self conscious things I used to do seem unnecessary now - they took up so much energy. It takes energy to give a shit. As a small example, I've started singing out loud when I walk home from work. Just when I'm really into whatever's in my headphones. But I don't hide it anymore.


I'm going to be That Crazy Singing Lady in a few years.


In other news, this is Morty on a chair. God, he's cute.




Work is really wearing me down these days. It's insanely busy, and will continue to be busy for most of the winter. So I was extremely grateful when Milan said I could use his apartment to write songs in while he's numbing his ass on a bus to BC. Thanks Milan! I hope you regain the feeling in your ass soon.


I'm out, lovelies. Enjoy the last week before Christmas!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

A much older friend of mine assured me that as I aged, I would start to care less and less about what people thought of me (but would also start wearing more makeup to hide the wrinkles...hmmmm).

And while I am not yet "old", I can already feel it happening...losing some self-consciousness, knowing more about myself, accepting my virtues and faults. [side note: the more you know yourself, the better you are in job interviews]

I imagine like most things, this will come full circle from infancy (where the very young have not yet learned about ego and self-consciousness) to old age (where they just don't care!). It's kinda cool...

Hannah said...

Cool hair! I wish I had the stones to put bright colours in my hair like I used to! :)

I sometimes worry about what some people think of me and you're right, it does take up too much energy! Better to use that energy being my own crazy self! ;)

MAdele said...

I've never really cared what people think -- at least, not strangers. People who's opinion of me matters to me, I care about what THEY think!

It's a little different in Japan, because as a foreigner, there are twin feelings of "I shouldn't call attention to myself, no need to perpetuate stereotypes about us!" and "They already expect weird stuff from me, why not roll with it?"

I'm starting to plan my schedule for spring, so do you guys have any dates planned for coming out here? It would be great if you could let me know in the near future, since I'll need to know which dates I have to work around. Also, let me know what kind of stuff you guys want to do (like travelling outside of the Tokyo area) and I can help you figure out the best plan of attack. ^_^

MAdele said...

It's Christmas and I ate too much and my grammar has gone out the window. >_< Please to be reading "whose" in the above comment.