December 7, 2009

Catching Up

Oh, Internet!

It has been a while since I've been able to post. Apologies. So much has been going on.

On the small scale, my BH got this cute little table and chairs from our neighbour. It fits the space a lot better than the giant set we were using before. ADORABLE.



On the chubby scale, here's my awesome dog waking up from a nap. In a bandanna! ADORABLE.



Everything else?


I played at Ottawa's TEDx conference thanks to an invite from the charming Mr. Bob LeDrew. It was a great event to be part of. Also, there were martinis at the after party.


Most importantly, thanks to that gig, I got to play this guitar. Seriously a career highlight. It plays so nicely. As Jowi Taylor said, "Some people say it plays quietly, but it's made out of Louis Riel's schoolhouse, so what can you do?"
I'm certainly not complaining.


Another weekend highlight was getting to see one of my favourite authors, Brian Doyle, do a reading at Puzzles on Saturday. I got him to sign my ancient copy of Angel Square, which I think is from 1984. He reads the words exactly how I hear them in my head. It was a treat.


So many other things happened over the past few days, but I think this post would be a giant mess if I tried to fit it all in. I'm enjoying December so much, I can't even tell you.


I hear there's going to be a snow storm tomorrow night. Honestly? I CAN'T WAIT. I'll bring Morty out in the blizzard and we'll run around together. Might as well enjoy the snow before I start to hate it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup those first couple of snowfalls are so much damn fun. I'm enjoying December, too!