I'm not dead, although I know my blogging has been mighty inconsistent this month.


Work is busy, and life outside work is busy... So I guess that makes sense. Less time to sneak off to the blog. Still, I appreciate those of you who stick around to read my ramblings!


Today my BH and I went to his university library to do some research. It actually made me momentarily nostalgic for my university days, which is quite a feat. Remembering university usually just makes me twitch nervously. Too much stress in too short a time, and not enough debauchery to fill the void.


The library visit also made me want to make out among the stacks of books. Seriously: hot boy, cool books, quiet aisles.... MAKE OUTS. Am I right? My BH didn't accept the idea with quite as much enthusiasm, but I'll work on him.


I went to an office Christmas party last week where I got too drunk too fast. I know how stupid that sounds, but I didn't do it on purpose. My stomach was empty and the food took forever to arrive.* I'm hoping I didn't say anything too dumb, but the odds are against me. I turn into an instant potty mouth when paired with beer. I also get pretty gay. You do the math.


Anyway, my multi-faith household wishes you a very happy Hanukkah. As you can tell by the photo above, we stored our candles in a very hot cupboard this year. Oops.
*I also drank like a fish. Guilty.

5 comments:

Shawna said...

Those are the wonkiest Hannukah candles I've ever seen.

Holiday love.

See you soonish.

skylark said...

Chag Sameach!

Hannah said...

Happy Hanukkah! :)
You sound more entertaining at parties then most other people who just stand around all stiff and awkward, waxing on and on about themselves..Bo-ring!

Julie said...

Hi Stella. Yep, the strike is over! Thanks for the support.

Happy Hannukah, Christmas, Kwansa and what ever else you may be celebrating this year!

Anonymous said...

Well, when you have two holidays to celebrate at once it stands to reason that you have to drink twice as much and twice as fast. Poor you.