May 5, 2009

Waaaasher Time

|

Well, thanks for all your nice comments on the last post! Sometimes doing crazy scary things is worthwhile, whether or not it works out in the end.

I've decided not to stress about the process and just stick to my one summer music goal: create more time and space for writing songs. The rest will come. That's the theory, at least.

We're getting our replacement washer and dryer today*. The story is long and strange, but I will say that I have never been more excited to throw on a load of underwear and socks. I'm also hoping the new machines will give us an excuse to turn the apartment upside down and do some much-needed spring reorganization. It's been a bit messy what with all the piles of clothes underfoot. Perhaps a spring re-org could be rolled into creating a songwriting space for me... ?

We have a small portable grill tucked away in the basement, and I think I'll break it out this week. I'm starting to crave BBQ again. Spicy tofu patties? Curried tilapia? Fresh veggies? Mmmmmm. Can't wait.

*A dryer! You mean next winter we won't need to fill every inch of our home with drying racks?! Amazing!

1 comments:

xup said...

I am incredibly jealous of your private laundry facilities. I hate laundry rooms. The thought of my strange neighbour's wet underpants having tumbled around in the very machine that my dainty delicates are now tumbling around in give me the willies.