May 29, 2009

Exhaustion Sets In

|

What a week.

I've spent the last month preparing for an Exciting Musical Opportunity that took place last night. It's not the sort of thing I can explain at length here, sadly, but I'll give you all the juicy details when it all blows over. I will say that the experience has been both flattering and terrifying, and I occasionally (usually) feel totally out of my league.

That being said...

I now have a lot more faith that I'll be able to turn music into an actual career someday, which is not something Practical Stella would normally consider. Just gotta slay that debt, baby.

Anyways, now my voice is tired, my fingertips hurt, and I could use a good sleep. The only musical event on the horizon is my show at the Black Sheep next Sunday (the 7th) and then I'm pretty sure I've got nothing booked for a while.

By the way, you're all invited to that show... It's a matinee, my favourite, starting at 4pm. There will be plenty of songwriters there, and we're releasing a CD of recordings from the Gallery concert series (the church that houses the music studio where my album was recorded). And I'll be playing with my cousin Brian! He's the best.

Got all that? There will be a test later.

Unrelated: My notebook arrived in the mail and now my life is complete. I missed that pile o' papers something fierce.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

Cryptic!

xup said...

It totally sucks that we're not living in the age of patronage where some rich baron or king or something would fixate on a musician and pay him/her scads of money to just spend all his/her time making music and being a credit to the aforementioned baron/king.

Dayanti Karunaratne said...

Is it a coincidence I heard you on CBC just today? Vinyl Cafe, no less??
Still finding your album a joy... good running tunes... so just b/c you feel the debt of it doesn't mean it's still not paying off!

Stella said...

Shawna: Details when you arrive!

XUP: Wanna be my patron?

DK: Actually... It IS a coincidence! Exciting!