December 28, 2008

P-Town

|

Sorry for the blog silence over the past few days... I've been in Peterborough for the annual family reunion!

I know I've often made fun of Peterborough, calling it Peter-boring and Peter-blaaaaah among other inspired names. This year I had fun though, and I got to bunk with my sister in her neat old apartment. Morty came too, and behaved super well other than leaving a small turd in my sister's front hall. That's my Morty: always willing to bestow fragrant gifts to anyone who needs a little something.

My sis would like me to go gig there this winter, which I'll have to look into, since the Value Village in Peterborough seems to be at least ten times better than the Value Village(s) in Ottawa. I'm not kidding when I say thrift shopping is my motivating factor for planning a trip back.

So I have the week off. I still can't quite wrap my head around it. I have big plans to read my new Christmas books, and a trip to the Nordik may also be in the cards. I don't want to do too much else, minus some visiting and some quality time at Raw Sugar.

Wait.... Is New Years this week? Dang.

I'll have to add getting shitfaced drunk to my vacation 'to do' list.

1 comments:

Laura said...

OK - why are the VV stores down that way so much better than here????

Hope you had a wonderful holiday season... all the best in 2009!

Thanks for the lovely compliment on my blog - appreicated...I have been working hard and it is starting to show!!!! over 55 pounds so far!!! Brag! Brag!!!!

XOXOXOXO

PS - your CD got played LOTS this holiday season....thought of you each time!