December 17, 2008

A Little Bit of Both

|

This is Christmas wrap-up week, where I need to finish any leftover seasonal chores before it's too late.

Today is a busy one: sending Christmas cards, picking up my last two gifts, and getting some ingredients for making toffee with my BH's little brother.

Guess what else is sneaking up on me? Hannukah! Yup, we celebrate both Christmas and Hannukah* in our household. This year, we have the added bonus of having a Jewish English bulldog in the family (his name is Mordichai, after all), so it's only fitting that he learn the Hannukah prayers. Hopefully he won't get too close to the menorah, like my cat did the year she set her tail on fire (true story, unfortch, but she was fine).

I'd like to make a Hannukah meal this year as well. I'm thinking matso ball soup, kishkah, apple cider challah**, and hopefully a new dish of some sort. My BH likes Jewish food even more than I do, so I know it will be appreciated. I swear he was a Jew in a former life.

Also, my Muppet's Christmas Carol soundtrack arrived in the mail yesterday, which I only ordered because the X-Box we use for DVDs doesn't read the actual movie. This is the next best thing.

Hope you're all enjoying the season in whatever way you choose!

*I know... There are five hundred million spellings for this holiday. This is the one I've always used, and I'm cool with it.
**Spell check hates me today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, that Jewish meal sounds yum. Can I come!?

Shawna

Stella said...

Hells to the yes!

EK said...

My best friend when I was little was Jewish, and I always had the best food at her house. For a while there I wished I was Jewish so I could eat the food. Her mom came in to our WASPy class and made us latkes every year. Damn, that was good food.

PS: I love you because you used the word "unfortch".

Stella said...

Well, I'm trying to get "hip" with the "lingo." Obvs.