April 29, 2010

The Race Is On

|

Perhaps the only downside to having two bulldogs is the sheer amount of gas those two emit. We're opening the windows like crazy around here, and our incense supply is dwindling. For real. It's starting to get funny.

Our final visit at the house takes place this afternoon. I'm extremely nervous about it. We're taking a contractor with us for some quotes and I'm scared about how much everything will cost me. Luckily, the contractor is a great guy... So hopefully he won't judge me if I cry after he gives me the amount.

There are repairs I can choose not to do, or choose to do myself, so that's what I'll decide after the visit.

We've also signed the lease with the new tenants, so the race is on!

In non-house news, I have two gigs next week, and then I'm playing at the Tulip Festival! I don't think I've ever had a paying gig there. Should be fun. I'll be covered in paint and drywall dust, but so be it.

To end this post on a cheerful note, we just got work that my workplace is cutting jobs. I'm pretty confident that my position is safe, but it sure put a downer on the day. I think my work qualifies as "essential" there, but I guess you never know. Oh well. Can't think about that now. I've got a house to fix.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's terrible news (job stuff). I hope that's not going around. :(

Shawna said...

Tulip Festival!! You are such a superstar. Leave your job. Tour the country. FOR SERIOUS. When you come back from your tour, your house will be renovated. Like magic.

RealGrouchy said...

My grade 7 home ec teacher had a theory (which she claimed to practise) that if you eat a quarter head of cabbage per day, eventually your system gets used to the fibre and you don't fart.

Worth a shot?

- RG>