October 28, 2010

Wherein I Attempt to Fundraise

|

Dearest readers...

I've been a bad blogger lately, and I apologize. Real life has been a little nutso, and it's been tricky to sneak in blogging time. Let me tell you a bit about what I've been up to.

I've been tiling the studio closet! It's nearly done, and very soon I'll be recording in there. Just me. Because nobody else will fit.


I've been gazing at this sweet doggie. Look at that face. And those ears!



My BH and I have been cooking dinners for people. Now that the house is somewhat presentable, we're actually trying to entertain. Look at that gorgeous cake. My BH is quite something in the kitchen.



Morty has been napping. His giant tongue is always fighting his lips for freedom.



I've been gigging, albeit reservedly. It's fun to play gigs a little less frequently than I used to. It makes the shows a bit more special. It also makes me less of a zombie.



We've also been shopping for a car, because my BH's new job is too far for biking and too random for the bus. We don't have money for a car, so.... Our search is going to be interesting. To say the least. Maybe he can travel via jetpack!

Also, in much bigger and scarier news, I launched a fundraising site for my next album. You guys all know the nitty gritty about my state of brokeness, but I still get asked constantly when I'm going to record again by folks around town.

Here's the thing: while I can probably manage the costs of recording myself (largely by doing the bulk of it on my computer), I can't afford the design, manufacturing, mastering, mixing etc. That is where shit gets expensive. I'm trying this out as a total experiment, but it's going to be interesting to see if people are willing to contribute some money to help me record a bit faster.

Now it's not just a flat donation; you get something for the money. I'll send you to the actual site (with my real name and everything... shhhhh) so you can take a gander. If you're interested, or you want to show your support, consider making a donation. Or even pass it around to some friends if you think they might want to lend a hand.

I'm hoping to start recording within the next couple of weeks, with the goal of having the songs done by the end of winter. Who knows if that will happen, but I do try to keep to my goals.

Anyway.... Thanks for being patient with me, and I promise to write a little more consistently from now on!

1 comments:

Milan said...

I am super excited about the new album!