May 7, 2010

Inseam

|

So! The gig went very well! Let me tell you my secret!

Take a few long swigs of Buckley's before you hop on stage. Your head will be clear *just* long enough to sing. Then take three days off work to recover, because your cold will knock your ass down for staying up late to sing.

I should be in good vocal form for Saturday's gig at the Cajun Attic, or at least, that's the hope.

Other fun things happened at the show....

That famous dude I linked to earlier really liked my songs and told me so repeatedly in front of the audience. It took all my strength not to yell SQUEEEEEE right then and there.

I taped an interview with Ottawa Tonite that will go up at some point, featuring one of my favourite guys, Bob LeDrew.

Brandon, the charming cameradude, recorded one on my songs and will put it up on the Youtube soonish.

Excitement!

In other news, we ordered all our flooring for the house, which may be the final nail in the coffin for my credit card. Mostly because we are pretty much flooring the entire house, nearly every room, which is a lot of square footage. The flooring itself was a great deal.

Frida got fixed yesterday, which means her adoption is finalized! Can you believe it? Two bulldogs? I am a lucky girl. Morty is very worried about her and keeps sniffing her stitches. Then he licks her ears.

I think my BH is planning a strange gift for me, because this morning, as I was brushing my teeth, he measured my inseam and my waist. Pants, perhaps? He's a funny guy.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

"this morning, as I was brushing my teeth, he measured my inseam and my waist"

That's how guys feel up girls in 2010.


ps: That famous guy wishes he was you.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a trick to make you think you're getting pants when in reality it's going to be something unimaginably super-fantastic that isn't pants. Not that pants couldn't also be super-fantastic, but then he's sort of given it away now with the measuring, which would detract considerably from the suprise part.