October 28, 2008

Only Because Gabriel Asked

|

Six things, from Gabriel, but not exactly following the rules.

1. I love the smell of cologne so much that I have followed complete strangers around just so I could enjoy the air. (Seriously. I've done that.)

2. Papaya makes me want to hurl. I can't explain it. No other fruit makes me react that way.

3. I tend not to buy clothes made of synthetic material because they give me the creepies. Acrylic means instant goosebumps.

4. Until two weeks ago, I hadn't drank coffee for about ten years. Now I drink it on weekends. It's delicious, especially since it doesn't give me an allergic reaction anymore. That used to really spoil the experience...

5. I've been using the same cinnamon roll recipe since I was in grade five, and it's still the best.

6. I dream of working from home.

Now, here's the part where I break the rules. I'm not going to tag anyone outright. I've noticed a few memes going around lately, and I don't want to meme you out! Still, I love reading random things about people, so feel free to post your own list if you're down.

I have a question. What's the best way to remove a piece of microscopic glass from your finger? A piece so small that you can't see it and you only know it's there because of the pain it causes? Would you soak it in a bath and hope it falls out? I've tried tweezers and needles to no avail.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

When I have had splinters and the like, I have found repeated soakings in warm salt water to be effective. But I too once had a microscopic glass piece in my hand and was told by the doctor that there was nothing I could do, that it would just work its way out of there on it's own.

J.

Stella said...

Hmmm... Good to know! I thought I got it out this morning, but I guess I only got half. I'm sticking a band-aid on so I stop brushing it against things and gasping.

Dayanti Karunaratne said...

My mom gets a little bottle really hot and puts the top of it over the object. The suction pulls it out.

I, on the other hand, have grown to accept that I have foreign objects in my knuckles that occasionally present themselves as warts. But they're not warts, the docs say, they are foreign objects covered by skin. Ew. Or maybe that's my meme.

Anonymous said...

As a musician, wouldn't "working at home" basically mean you'd own a bar? That'd be a pretty freaking sweet home office.

So how did you manage to get the glass out of your finger?

Stella said...

I never got it out! I can still feel it!