June 22, 2008

Cheese Whiz

|


My ankles are completely swollen with mosquito bites. Seriously. I've been taking the puppy out for his pee during the wee small hours of the morning, and those fuckers have swarmed me each and every time. The ads for Gold Bond Medicated Itch Powder are finally speaking to me.

Today was our orientation for puppy class. I like the teacher very much, except for one small thing. She uses Cheese Whiz to stuff her dog treats. I gagged when she held up the jar. Why anyone would feed that to their dog is beyond me.

One of my best friends surprised the crap out of me by calling me up from Colombia and telling me that he'll be in town next week. Oh, happy day! It will probably be a very brief visit, but I don't care. I'll take what I can get. Our criteria for visiting is really very simple: as long as we can both sit around and argue about the Second World War, we're happy. Total geeks. I know.

This morning was just plain awful. Migraine, bad moods, not enough food. All related, I imagine. Luckily my Better Half suggested we stop by the Green Door for some sustenance, and all aches and pains went away. Healing food. I bought their cookbook years ago and never made a damn thing out of it. An oversight I plan to remedy this week. Or right now? Mmm...

0 comments: