June 18, 2010

Ten Years of Fine Ass

|

My BH and I have reached quite a milestone, if I do say so myself. Ten years ago, we went on our first date.

People often do double takes when we say how long we've been together... And I totally get it. We met when we were both pretty young (I guess we're still pretty young), and at the time, we thought it would be a short-term thing. I was planning to go to university in Montreal. He was planning to move to northern Ontario. We figured it would be a summer of fun dates.

It didn't occur to me at the time, but I think I changed my plans for him. Suddenly I wasn't so rushed to apply to Concordia and McGill. I considered working for a bit "to save money," which really meant staying in Ottawa. His plans shifted too, and eventually he wasn't craving the blackflies and frost like he used to. From that first date onwards, we saw each other every single day for MONTHS. It didn't seem excessive at the time, and we only realized what we had been doing when we were forced to spend a day apart a few months in.

It felt like a really big deal.

I fell for him the second I laid eyes on him, but it's not for the sappy rom-com reasons you might think. When he walked into the music store where I was working, I could not keep my eyes off his ass. Seriously. That ass deserved a prize. How could I see that ass again? Luckily for me, he returned to following week to ask me out. More ass for me to admire!

It's been ten years, and he still has a fabulous butt. The rest of him is pretty fine too. Happy anniversary, hot stuff!

+++++++++++

In other news, I was just chatting with my contractor, who is a sweet guy and also happens to be a friend of mine. I was asking if we were still on track to be done everything in time for my move this Thursday. He responded with a detailed itinerary of all the work he's got planned, but there was a problem. His itinerary went well beyond our move date.

Him: So we'll be all set for your move on Thursday the 1st.

Me: Dude, I'm moving THIS Thursday.

Him: Yeah, the 1st.

Me: No, the 24th. And I need to put my floors down before we move in.

Him: .......... OH. That's not the Thursday I was thinking of.

So! Now we're in overdrive mode while him and his boys try to finish the house in time. Things are about to get CRAZY folks. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats! I can totally relate to your story. We get the strange "You've been together for eight years?" looks and the "When are you getting hitched" questions all the time. Our summer fling has lasted the better part of a decade too.

Glad to hear all is well! Congrats on all the fine ass. :)

Nat said...

So do you walk behind him all the time?

Congrats on the anniversary. Hope the renos get completed on time.

Pauline said...

Awww, happy ten years! My man has a beautiful bum too! (Not that's why I'm with him, but it's a definite perk!;))

Good luck with the move!!

. said...

big congrats! :)