November 16, 2009

Success

|

Oh, the Cameron gig was fun. Other than getting to visit with Shawna, which is always a highlight, the night just went swimmingly.



Before the show, Shawna, Brian and I grabbed some dinner at a local restaurant called the Village Idiot Pub. The food was great, and Sook Yin Lee wandered in halfway through the meal. I tried very hard not to picture her as I remember her in Shortbus, but that turned out to be impossible.... As you can imagine. Try not staring when you've seen someone doing hot, graphic things on screen.


The gig was campfire themed, so Shawna had bought mountains of marshmallows, mini cereal boxes and trail mix to decorate the tables. She also set up her laptop to play a fake fire! Brilliant. Both her and Brian 's set rocked my socks off. We all stayed up way too late and dudes, I am SO RELIEVED that I booked Monday off from work. I can't imagine having to function normally after having so little sleep.


The crowd was great... And I got to visit with some lovely people. HSB had recently moved to Toronto, so he came and somehow got me to see how many marshmallows I could fit in my mouth (five, which seems low to me, boo). Every seat in the house was taken and we may have actually made money, even with the car rental and restaurant visits.

Aaand, that's all I've got. More soon when my brain starts working. Tah babies!

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Dreamy all over.

I miss you already.

I don't look good in hats. Brian does.

Nat said...

Sounds like such a hoot...

You know I'd find it hard to picture Sook Yin Lee as a "normal" person after that. Very odd.

Jessica said...

Sounds like a great success! Wish we could have made it out. We got to Jordan's car Saturday morning to find one of the back windows completely smashed and glass all over the place. Uggh. Next time! Glad to hear it all went well! :)